A Charming View of the Region
• Height of the tower - 39 m
• Height of the observation platform - 32 m
• Number of steps - 197
The octagonal observation platform is located at the height of 39.5 meters above the original roof of the tower. It was made accessible again on 5 July 2003 and it provides a beautiful view of Šumava, Pošumaví and deep into the inland. There are maps of the landscape with descriptions of the towns and mountains above the windows. And how to get there? Start at the village of Javorník u Vacova. Follow the blue trail starting at the Na Podlesí guesthouse up the hill. After 100 meters, there is a crossroads. You can either continue on the paved road or hike through the wood. Both roads are 1.5 km long and lead to the top.
Observation Tower "Mářský Hill"
• Height of the tower - 12 m
• Height of the observation platform - 8 m
• Number of steps - 38
Observation Tower "Libín" by Prachatice
• Height of the tower - 27 m
• Height of the observation platform - 27 m
• Number of steps - 138